Welcome to the MarkLeGrand Fashion blog. This blog will be discussing working with a stylist or designer to create a new look. In this blog article we will go over both a style example for men and for women using fall fashions. Fall is one of my favorite times of year for fashion because the styles and items are endless for head turning looks and many types of layering. Lets get started by going over what a stylist of designer needs from you to create a look that will get you noticed everywhere you go.
1. Where do you live? This is important because the climate where you live will help direct the stylist as to the types of clothing you need. For example the styles will be different for the climate in California or Florida as opposed to the north and northeast.
2. What type of clothing are you looking for? Examples would be for work as a corporate executive, outdoor activities, a night on the town, a day in the city or in the mountains. You get the idea.
3. Body type is also one of the most important things to look at. Let's face it, all of us have a unique body type, from the extra small to plus size. For men, big and tall, longer arms, broad shoulders all come in to play when choosing the right fashion item. Also in this category you would want to tell the stylist if you prefer a body fit type of clothing, slightly loose fit or a more loose baggy style. Everyone has a preference and there are many fashionable items that fit each category.
4. what is your price point? This is important due to your budget, quality of the clothing, off-brand or designer brands, where the clothing is made and how many items you are looking to purchase for your new look. Are you re-building you entire wardrobe or looking to add to your existing wardrobe or just an outfit or two for a special occasion. These are all important things to think about.
5. A good idea, and I realize this would not be for everyone due to privacy issues, would be to send a quality photograph of yourself to the stylist or designer. This is important for many reasons. Working online with a stylist or designer means you are not in front of that person. When a stylist works with a client, they want to see what that person looks like, skin tone, size, hairstyles, facial features, etc. This helps with creating a look that is unique for that person.
6. Don't be afraid to go "outside the box". When you are looking for a change, a new look, don't stereotype yourself. Let yourself be different and take the advice from the stylist. Don't be afraid to look different than you are used to. Take a chance at change for the better and create something that will "wow" the people in your circles. I always tell my clients when I create or design a particular piece of clothing, let's say an evening gown, I fully expect that when they walk into the room, make their entrance, all eyes stop and look and the client steals the moment right away.
7. Don't forget the accessories that enhance the outfit. There are endless possibilities for accessorizing your new look from jewelry, belts, shoes, bags, scarves, hats, gloves, cuff links and much more.
8. How do you find a stylist to work with online. You can search the web for stylists and stylist services. Another way is ask the online stores you like if they provide stylist services. Many of the "subscription box services" including a stylist to pick your items, some charge or add the cost into the garments and others may provide this at no additional charge. For example my online boutique, www.marklegrandboutique.com, as well as my physical boutique in South Jersey, provides this service to all customers at no additional charge. Our goal is to create a bond with out clients as the "go-to" boutique whenever they need a new look or an addition to their wardrobe.
8. In the "old days" I remember when you walked into a departments store such as Nordstoms you received personal attention, the white glove or red carpet treatment. You paid for that service with the pricing of the garments but the customer service was exceptional. In today's world of online shopping that seems to be a thing of the past. Personal service or personal attention is harder to come by. When looking for a favorite online boutique or store, look for one that provides this personal attention for a better online shopping experience. There are multiple ways to communicate for this personal attention such as text, phone, facetime (for a more personal touch) email, messaging. Take the time to communicate and talk with the boutique or store to get exactly what you want and enjoy the best part of online shopping.
As always, please feel free to reach out and contact me via my website or email with questions, advice, concerns or for a personal attention shopping experience.
- Unknown Type
- Men - Accessories - Wallets & Small Goods
- Men - Accessories - Watches
- Men - Jewelry - Bracelets
- Men - Jewelry - Necklaces
- Men - Jewelry - Rings
- Women - Accessories - Watches
- Women - Bags - Crossbody
- Women - Jewelry - Bracelets
- Women - Jewelry - Cuffs
- Women - Jewelry - Earrings
- Women - Jewelry - Necklaces
- Women - Jewelry - Rings